In no particular ranking order, here are ten sensational and inspirational movies that would make this season memorable. These movies carry along the message of forgiveness, love, patient, courage and redemption.
In no particular ranking order, here are ten sensational and inspirational movies that would make this season memorable. These movies carry along the message of forgiveness, love, patient, courage and redemption. These virtues characterized and emphasized the essence of Christ birth. Please do enjoy with friends and family.
- Paul, Apostle of ChristPaul, Apostle of Christ is a 2018 American biblical drama film written and directed by Andrew Hyatt. It stars James Faulkner as Saint Paul and Jim Caviezel (who portrayed Jesus in the 2004 film The Passion of the Christ) as Saint Luke. The film tells the story of Paul, who was known as a ruthless persecutor of Christians prior to his conversion to Christianity. The plot focuses on his becoming a pivotal figure in the formation of the early church before being executed by Emperor Nero in Rome. Principal photography began in September 2017 in Malta. The film was released on March 23, 2018 by Sony Pictures.
- I Can Only ImagineI Can Only Imagine is a 2018 American Christian drama film directed by the Erwin Brothers and written by Alex Cramer, Jon Erwin, and Brent McCorkle, based on the story behind the Mercy Me song of the same name, the best-selling Christian single of all time. The film stars J. Michael Finley as Bart Millard, the lead singer who wrote the song about his relationship with his father (Dennis Quaid). Madeline Carroll, Priscilla Shirer, Cloris Leachman, Trace Adkins and Brody Rose also star.
- God’ Not Dead: A Light In DarknessA church destroyed. A congregation silenced. A relationship shattered. Yet even in life’s darkest valleys, a small flame can light the way toward healing and hope. After a deadly fire rips through St. James Church, Hadleigh University leaders use the tragedy to push the congregation off campus, forcing the church to defend its rights and bringing together estranged brothers for a reunion that opens old wounds and forces them to address the issues that pulled them apart. Written by Pure Flix Entertainment.
- Samson Samson, with his super human strength, is called by God to lead the Hebrews out of slavery. To avenge the death of the love of his life, Samson goes to war with the Philistine army. Unfortunately, he falls in love with a beautiful temptress who betrays him to his enemies, who imprison him. Who will win in the end? Love and war go hand in hand in this action packed drama.
- UNBROKEN: PATH TO REDEMPTIONWhen the war ended, his battle began. Based on Laura Hillenbrand’s bestselling book, UNBROKEN: PATH TO REDEMPTION begins where Unbroken ends, sharing the next amazing chapter of Olympian and World War II hero Louis Zamperini’s powerful true story of forgiveness, redemption, and amazing grace.
- Mary MagdaleneMary Magdalene is a 2018 biblical drama film about the woman of the same name, written by Helen Edmundson and Philippa Goslett and directed by Garth Davis. It stars Rooney Mara, Joaquin Phoenix, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Tahar Rahim. The film had its world premiere at the National Gallery on February 26, 2018. It was released in the United Kingdom on March 16, 2018, by Focus Features, and in Australia on March 22, 2018, by Transmission Films. It is the last film score completed by composer Jóhann Jóhannsson before his death.
- Come SundayBased on an episode of the public radio series This American Life, which centers on Bishop Carlton Pearson, a rising star among evangelicals until he was ostracized by his own church and declared a heretic after he started preaching that there is no Hell. Written by Anonymous Come Sunday is a 2018 American drama film based on Carlton Pearson’s excommunication directed by Joshua Marston, from a screenplay by Marcus Hinchey. It stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Martin Sheen, Condola Rashad, Jason Segel, Danny Glover and Lakeith Stanfield.
- INDIVISIBLE INDIVISIBLE is the extraordinary true story of Army Chaplain Darren Turner and his wife Heather. When war etches battle scars on their hearts, they face one more battle: the fight to save their marriage. One marriage, one family, under God. Written by Ribbow Media Group
- Power of the AirAn African Missionary shares with a Christian man in the United States how he feels the church in America is in great danger. The Christian is very convicted by what he hears and then sets forth a plan to reach his city with the gospel.
- Summer of ’67Based on real life events, Summer of ’67 brings to life the turbulent times of the sixties and the struggles faced by the men and women impacted by the Vietnam War. Young wife and mother Milly (Rachel Schrey) is forced to live with her mother-in-law while her husband Gerald (Cameron Gilliam) is away on the USS Forrestal. Kate (Bethany Davenport) must choose between Peter (Christopher Dalton) her high school sweetheart and Van (Sam Brooks) her new hippie boyfriend. Ruby Mae (Sharonne Lanier) finally finds true love with Reggie (Jerrold Edwards) only to have him whisked away by the draft. Each woman faces the question of whether or not their man will return, and even if he does, will life as they know it ever be the same?